When to Order Your Seafood
Your best plan is to set a dinnertime for your seafood order, or if you must, properly store your seafood the day before your event.
Ordering frozen items? Order them to arrive a day or so before you plan your meal. They will do just fine in your freezer! Remember, major holidays and weather conditions may change delivery availability.
- All Shipments require a street address (sorry, no PO boxes)
- We use UPS to deliver all of our shipments. UPS will not require a signature for our package and will leave it if they deem the delivery address to be secure. Packages over $100.00 will require a signature.
- UPS drivers will use their own discretion and ONLY leave a package where they deem it to be a safe drop area! UPS will NOT leave a perishable package at an apartment or upper dwelling if nobody is available to receive it.
- Billing customer is responsible for providing a valid address and available delivery date for gift recipients. Additional charges will apply for incorrect addresses.
- PLEASE NOTE: Sorry but we cannot deliver on Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving the day following each of those holidays!
Important Seafood Delivery Information
- Lobster and Seafood is delivered Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. No delivery on Monday or Sunday or major holidays. Delivery time can vary based on your area.
- You can expect your package delivered by the end of the day for most US addresses, (by 8 p.m. for some remote areas).
- Sorry, we are unable to ship perishables outside the USA.
- Delivery charges are based on the service you select and the total cost of your order.
Orders need to be received by 2 pm Eastern Time, for orders delivered tomorrow. You can order now and take delivery later. Just select your future delivery date at checkout. Have an order emergency and need it delivered yesterday? Contact Us.
Tracking Your Lobster Order
Check your email. After your order is placed, you will immediately receive a copy of your receipt.
The day your order ships, you will receive a shipment alert with a tracking number. You will be able to click on the link to see exactly where your order is. If this is a gift, you will be notified via email when your package is received. Did not receive an email? Verify your correct email and check your spam.
Change or Cancel Your Lobster Order
Do you need to change your delivery date, shipping address or the items ordered? Use our contact form and please include your order number. Since all of our seafood orders are shipped as a custom order, we will need at least 48 hours to cancel your order.
Orders placed for shipping during the winter months, Thanksgiving week, and Christmas week are especially vulnerable to weather related shipping delays. During the peak holiday season, the deliveries may be as late as 8 p.m.
If you are concerned about the weather in your area, you should contact us to reschedule your delivery. If there is a chance your order will be delayed due to bad weather, we may hold the order and attempt to notify you. Unfortunately, we cannot issue a refund due to inclement weather. Please note, we cannot be responsible for shipping delays related to the weather.
We accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. Sorry we do not accept cash, and we cannot accept C.O.D.
We want you to be a satisfied customer!. All our products are guaranteed to be fresh and arrive in perfect condition.
If the item of your choice is unavailable or does not meet our high standards for quality, we may need to substitute an item of equal or greater value. Your order will be filled upon your request whenever possible. However, we reserve the right to make substitutions of equal or greater value.
Occasionally some seafood are unavailable due to harsh weather conditions. We reserve the right to adjust prices in the event of extraordinary circumstances that may affect seafood harvest.
Because we are dealing with perishable seafood, in most cases we do not accept returns. Refunds can only be issued to the credit card used to make the original purchase. You must provide a complete shipping address and a valid shipping date to guarantee delivery of your fresh seafood.
Any non-perishable orders must be returned within 30 days of purchase for full refund.
Looking for seafood not on the site, a lobster bigger than 10 pounds, or a special lobster package. Let us know.
How to Reach Us
Have questions or wish to modify your order? You will get the quickest response if you use our contact form.
Want to speak with a real person? Call us at (207) 420-7652.
Our physical address:
Southern Maine Lobster Company
1021 US Route 1